Monday, May 27, 2013

Shared parenting best

I am writing this letter as a result of the Judiciary Committee vote on LB22 that left the bill in limbo. I am from outstate Nebraska with significant interest in this bill or any bill for that matter that addresses an increase in parenting time for fathers.
I have fought my battle in court to be recognized as a vital part of my children's life but have been vilified by the court system over and over. It should be in every father's best interest to remain involved in his children's lives as much as possible without the individual interpretation of any district court judge. I am a good enough parent to have custody of our daughter for the past four years but am not good enough to see our other two children more than every other week. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment