Thursday, April 25, 2013

Father's Rights In Divorce: Myths and Facts


In my practice as a divorce lawyer, the vast majority of the fathers whom I have represented want to remain actively involved as parents after their divorce has been settled. Very few want to sever ties with their children, even when they cannot stand the sight of their ex-wives.

In fact, I am seeing an increasing number who are fighting to be named the primary conservator -- or the parent who determines where the children live and has majority of the access. This is especially true when both spouses are working full-time.
I am a working mom, and I benefit from a marriage in which parenting duties are truly split 50/50. However, having worked with over 600 divorcing clients, I can say that our relationship is an exception to the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment