Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fathers and Custody

think it used to be expected that, aside from extreme situations, the mother always got custody of the children in the case of a divorce. Daddy would come pick them up every other weekend and that was that.

Growing up, I had many friends with divorced parents. I think only one of them was being raised by her father. I'm not sure what the circumstances were, but she was happy and well-adjusted. She really loved her dad; I can't imagine how she would have felt had she not been able to live with him.

I know I always got along better with my father, too. If my parents had ever gotten a divorce, I expect that I would have gone to live with him. But, depending on how young I was, I probably would not have had a choice in the matter. And if my parents fought over it, guess who the judge would have sided with? To hell with what I would have wanted. I was just a kid, right? The court must know best. read more at:http://www.divorce360.com/blogs/2008/5/14/deadgirrrl/fathers-and-custody-blog-7723

No comments:

Post a Comment